So welcome everyone to my new and first blog! To give you some background, I used to call myself a feminist. I took a Women’s Studies class in high school and many in college. Now I am almost 30 years old and I believe in a differently ideology. One where someone else (not a woman) is at the forefront. *WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY? You read it right. The King of my heart is Jesus Christ and I am His child. If that makes me a frilly little princess than so be it. One second in His Kingdom is better than any century spent here on earth. Hopefully, my insights, observations, and analysis that I will present in this blog can begin to give you a glimpse of my transformation. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17. Oh No! That said “if any *man*…” I should reject the Bible, Jesus, Christianity, Church etc because its patriarchal and outdated! Exit now and Proceed to Feminism. Well looks like you got it figured out. Close out of this blog and keep ranting about Equal Pay and Rape Culture and any other hot trending topic whilst you sit around with your friends eating sushi and secretly wishing you were a Kardashian. This will be a forum for those that admit and agree the following:
1. I do not have it all together
2. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired
3. There must be Something more to life
4. Happiness is not a destination
5. I’m am not in control of everything
6. The leaders of the Women’s Movement did not fight for twerking, the Hook-Up Culture, a woman’s right to perpetuate the sex industry, and other such abominations.
7. I believe that Men and Women are equally beautiful and deserve to be Respected and Loved.
8. I take responsibility for my emotions and decisions.
9. I do wish I could be involved in a healthy loving successful committed monogamous relationship with someone.
10. I respect the right to agree to disagree.
I believe the world is going to Hell in a designer bag and stilettos. I will use my creativity and writing pizazz to try illustrate how badly we all need Jesus and who He really is. Not just some white guy hipster with long hair during No-Shave November. To me, He is as real as you and me. God knew him in his mother’s womb just like he knew you and me. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you……Jeremiah 1:5. He was a Radical man. He was arrested and wasn’t on Death Row for long. He was humiliated and beaten relentlessly. Police Brutality on steroids. If it were today, there would be moral outrage. Jesus would have Gloria Allred, Johnnie Cochran, Mark O’Mara on the defense team. We would have watched CNN religiously *no pun intended.* Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would provide non stop commentary. We would post pics #takingupmycross #freeJesus #wearecrucified. Jesus would receive millions in emotional compensation. But instead they did kill him and all but three people went home that day. His body nailed with stakes to the cross. Blood dripping from everywhere. The point I leave you with today is that,
He did it all for YOU.