As the year comes to a close in just a few days, I thought I’d share 21 things I wish I knew before I was 21. What would I tell my younger self?
1. Cockiness is not Confidence. Humble yourself.
2. Don’t spend money you don’t have (credit cards, buying things before paying bills).
3. Guys will use you,
4. If you let them.
5. The bad boy is not who you want to marry and have kids with.
6. You will need your friends.
7. Trust God, not the world.
8. You don’t have to try so hard [titles, status, guys].
9. Don’t give away your power. The worst times in your life are a direct result of giving away your power.
10. Feminism is a lie. An imitation. True female empowerment comes from Heavenly places.
11. Living solo is great.
12. There is a plan. God’s plan. You’ll take many detours, but God will always redirect you.
13. Stop hiding your feelings
14. and Stop trying to play it cool.
15. You can depend on others, it doesn’t mean that you’re incompetent. Ask for help.
16. You’re ENOUGH.
17. You do want to get married, stop lying.
18. People like you for you. Stop thinking you’re weird.
19. Don’t let anyone come between your peace and joy.
20. God is not afraid to hurt your feelings.
21. When it doubt call Mom or Dad.
In case you forgot what 2005&2006 felt and sounded like, here’s are some of my jams from back in the day! Proceed at your own risk LOL!
*Bonus* All you need to know about the old me can be experienced in these two albums!
I could have saved this girl a lot of trouble… 5/15/06
I’d love to hear from you! What would you tell your younger self?